Horizon Forbidden West Update 1.05 Released, Here Are the Patch Notes
Guerrilla Games has just released a new patch for Horizon Forbidden West. Update 1.05 is now available to download on both PlayStation 5 and PS4, and it makes a long list of fixes. While there are still some issues outstanding the developer is aware of, this should go a long way in improving the experience for players.
Lots of common problems and quirks have been addressed here. An issue with HDR “image oversharpening” is fixed with this patch, for example. One issue we encountered during the review process was Aloy and NPCs having some odd facial animations, like eyes staring in a different direction — this has also been sorted.
Other problems solved in this update include instances of getting stuck in geometry, data streaming bugs, progression blocks, crashes, and more. See below for the full patch notes:
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where reloading a certain auto-save after completing the first quest could block progression.
- Fixed an issue during interlude ‘The Eye of the Earth’ where Aloy could fall out of the world after skipping a cinematic.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where Varl would wander off on a reload from save.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ affecting several grapple points.
Side Quests and Errands
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood Choke’ where Atekka would appear to fall out of the sky.
- Fixed a progression issue in side quest ‘In The Fog’ related to fast travel during the quest.
- Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Night of Lights’ where a pullable box could get stuck and block the quest progression.
- Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be started in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player stash.
- A rogue Tallneck near The Sand of the Sentinels that would sometimes change the direction of its route has been disciplined.
- The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon techniques.
- Image oversharpening in HDR mode has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where some settlements would stream in, then stream out in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a loot action.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy’s animation would sometimes jitter rapidly when climbing after picking up a plant has been fixed.
- Fixed a global issue where the direction of Aloy’s gaze, or that of certain NPCs, was incorrect.
- Fixed several instances where Aloy, NPCs or enemies could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.
- Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.
- NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and would gather in large groups at night in settlements should act more naturally now.
- Petra will no longer teleport into her seat inside the Chainscrape brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various other minor fixes and cosmetic improvements.
The update itself is just over 450MB in size, so get it downloaded and installed to fix all the above. Again, Guerrilla is aware of Forbidden West’s visual issues such as shimmering when moving the camera, and is actively working on more fixes. Patch 1.05 will do wonderfully for now, though.
Are you enjoying Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 and PS4? Have you run into many issues (hopefully fixed in this update)? Activate your Valor Surge in the comments section below.