The Final Fantasy XIV free trial is back now that congestion is better
The XIV free trial is live this week, and works through level 60
If you’re curious, all the XIV free trial provisos and details are here. We’ve teased out the important ones below:
- One (1) Free Trial account may be registered to a Square Enix account so long as that Square Enix account has not been previously registered with any version of the game.
- Free Trial account characters have all their levels capped at level sixty (60).
- Free Trial account characters can possess a maximum of 300,000 gil (in-game currency).
- Free Trial Players cannot use the “shout,” “yell,” or “tell” in-game chat options during the Free Trial.
- Free Trial Players cannot trade with other players during the Free Trial
- Free Trial Players cannot create or join a Free Company during the Free Trial.
- Free Trial Players can join a party if invited or by using the Duty Finder but cannot assemble a party during the Free Trial.
- Free Trial Players cannot create or join a PvP team or participate in The Feast (Ranked Match) or The Feast (Team Ranked Match) during the Free Trial.
- Free Trial Players cannot log into the Lodestone, the official forum, or Companion application during the Free Trial.
So basically, the content itself is at your disposal when using the trial. The main caps involve social features and gil (gold) to prevent bots/farming at a reasonable rate, without putting an excessive amount of restrictions on free players. And it is pretty freeing, given that World of Warcraft‘s free trial is a lot smaller in scope.